Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 10 of 30 Days of Thanksgiving: Learning Something Else About Myself

I absolutely hate being misunderstood.. I mean.. it hurts me to my core when someone misunderstands my intentions. or my words. or my feelings. Especially if it is someone I genuinely care about.

I always find myself trying to explain myself even more.  Which ends up to more misunderstanding.. which always ends disastrously..

And now Im sitting here even more shocked. Hurt. Stunned. And just WOWWWW..

How did it get here??

Ive got to learn to stop. Ive got to learn that no matter how much I try and explain myself, sometimes, people are going to continue to misunderstand you no matter how much you try to explain yourself. And I have got to learn to let it go. No matter how much it hurts to lose a friendship. No matter how much it hurts to be misunderstood. No matter how much it hurts to be accused of something that wasn't in my heart to do. I still have to let it go.

And I am thankful for that lesson on today. People will misunderstand you and there is absolutely nothing you can say and do to get them to think or believe otherwise. You have to pray and let it go.

2 comments: